Although my intention when I logged on to blogger was to write a post about Libya’s current state of affairs both my optimistic and pessimistic realistic views, but I thought for a moment with myself and decided that I don’t want to get political, mostly because I prefer to discuss things that I fully understand, or at least can make pretend I fully understand, and politics is obscure and complicated. Its not like most topics that you can make up stuff as you go along to support your argument. You need to know facts and history and people's names, and if I had to list the three things I have the most troubling remembering in the world it would be 1. facts, 2. history, 3. peoples names. Basically, me and politics are like oil and water.
However, before I get into all the crazy things happening in my life right now (which will be forthcoming in future blog posts) I just wanted to say that I feel really sorry for the NTC and the new provisional government, not just for the enormous challenges that lie ahead but for all the bashing they are getting from some people. If I was offered a good position in a promising company and I got the position solely based on my qualifications however, the day I started my new job majority of the stakeholders were protesting because I joined, not just that but they created Facebook pages and tweeted inaccurate information about me and my background. At first, I’d be all like, ok this is not cool but I’m here to do my job so whatever, but then the bashing continued and they started getting all creative in their ways. Whoever came up with the quote “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me” is clearly an idiot so logically, all this negative energy is causing internal turmoil which inevitably starts affecting my job performance so one day I say enough is enough and get up in the morning and go to work with an AK-47 and shoot everyone. I’m not saying that’s the right way to resolve conflict but it’s the most satisfying way. Clearly, I watch too many action movies.
Let me use a better example, much like the prophet (saaw) when he visited Al Ta’if to invite people to Islam, he was greeted with rocks flying his way. I don’t know if this metaphor applies to this situation but it’s the best thing I could come up. My point is, that in a time when our country has hit rock bottom, and new leaders have been assigned, it’s not the time to be throwing rocks. It’s time to cooperate on one side and collect rocks on the other so if they prove to be unworthy/selfish, you can start throwing but you can’t throw rocks without giving someone a chance. If they did in fact prove to be worthy and responsible, you can use the rocks you collected to landscape your garden. It’s a win-win situation.
1 comment:
the comparison you are doing is not accurate
If one is given a job in a company, he/she is qualified and these data can be verified
In the case of libya and similar so called spring, there was a civil war and power was taken by those who prevailed, with foreign intervention on both sides
So their qualifications did not really matter on the final outcome
Now with due respect to you and all lybians who suffered exile, if we must take for granted allegations on previous government, then we must do the same on the current and those who from exile helped them in a way or another, and the picture is not good
Post a Comment