Hope everyone has a great and memorable 2012. Inshallah Allah helps each and every one of us this year and guides us to the right path, right decisions, peace of mind, health and happiness.
At the end of every year, I look forward to reading all the year-in-review lists that are usually all over Facebook, twitter and local magazines and newspaper. I can't get enough of the over-opinionated people shooting off their 'Best Pictures of 2011" and "Most Important Events of 2011" lists. I actually still have, somewhere in the recesses of the "storage" portion under my bed, numerous magazines over the past few years of the Most Important This or That.
This morning I was going through TheWeek's cover story about 2011 and couldn't help but notice how they didn't mention anything about the Libyan revolution. Gaddafi Killed. That's it? How about all the people that were killed in the name of Freedom? How about the long 9 months of war and suffering? The paragraph just focuses on Gaddafi's death being a "war crime" and how his body was dragged through the streets (Is that true? I want to see a video!). If this publication was from anywhere else it wouldn't have bothered me much, but this is published in Oman and the editor is most likely Omani. I'm going to write an email to the editor.
Anyway, in line with the buzz of saying goodbye to 2011, I figured I would do my own year in review. Just so everyone knows, this is a serious test of my attention span to dedicate so much time to a singular theme. I wrote the first post of my Hajj experience and have like 4 Hajj sequel posts in my drafts folder that I just cant get myself to finish. So this is just a fair warning...
Also, I welcome comments or emails you might have concerning my feelings on 2011. What to know the most embarrassing thing that happened to me in 2011? Just ask! Want to know who I thought was the biggest idiot of 2011 was? Just ask! (you see where this is going.)
Before I end this post, this is a good read -
12 Really Stupid Things I Never Want To do Again
I think I've done all 12 at some point.

No comments:
Post a Comment